Rev. Dave Owsley, Pastor
Hi, I’m Pastor Dave Owsley. I am excited to be the pastor at Odessa First and the Wellington UMC. My wife Kristina and I have 4 children, 8 grandchildren, a great-grandchild and 3 dogs. We like it best when the house is full of wiggles and giggles. I completed my theological education at St. Paul School of Theology in Kansas City. I’m a fan of the KC Royals the KC Chiefs and the Oklahoma Sooners. On a pretty day I like going topless, which for me means driving my convertible with the top down. I also enjoy reading, working in the yard and doing projects around the house, cooking, eating and spending time at the beach.
As a Christian, and particularly a United Methodist, I believe:
- God created the world we live in and loves every person in that world. We don’t judge people by where they have been; everyone is welcome here.
- Jesus really lived, he really died on the cross and three days later he really rose from the dead. We don’t water that down – ever.
- People who do not go to church are not bad people.
- Some Christians have fallen away from the church for personal and deep reasons. We would like to help heal their wounds and revitalize their faith.
- Salvation is not so much a get out of hell free card as it is an invitation to live life to its fullest and in a loving relationship with God our creator.
Maggie Stubblefield, Secretary
Maggie Has been our church secretary since January 2, 1989. She is married to Jim Stubblefield. They have 2 children, Paige Turner and Jon Stubblefield, and 3 grandchildren. She likes to read and collect old tins and old glass bottles.